The ten-week Summer Analyst Program starts in June and begins with a one-week, intensive training program. After a placement process, based on your interests and strengths, and our business needs, you'll be assigned to a regional or product coverage group, where you'll focus on financial analysis and business development. Public Finance professionals work hand-in-hand with city, state, and local governments and municipal authorities, providing capital formulation strategies on an array of public projects, including health care systems, utilities, highways, and schools.
- Learn a client's historical financing trends o Research past uses of debt or derivatives and provide an overview of client's debt position
- Participate with bankers and clients in meetings and conference calls to review current market conditions and formulate future capital programs
- Assist in the execution of transactions. o Present documentation and pricing to investors and rating agencies o Credit and internal approvals, policy compliance, client entertainment, and deal closing coordination
- Research market, credit, tax, regulatory, accounting, legal, policy, and issuer-specific issues relating to prior or future transactions
- You are in your penultimate year of university, pursuing a Bachelors degree in any discipline from a distinguished academic institution
- Ability to tackle problems with creative solutions
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Confidence and comfort with clients and senior executives
- Oral and written communication skills
- Success working on a team
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills, as well as excellent writing skills
- Strong interest in the public sector, politics, or government
About the company
Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible.