Candidates will help own analytics for a particular product or business at Facebook and work with product managers and engineers to translate the analysis into meaningful impact to the business.
- Perform large-scale data analysis to extract useful business insights
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by communicating results to cross-functional groups
- Work closely with a Product Manager and Engineering team to proactively create rule and manage decisions
- Classify leads so that the teams work on the most valuable cases
- Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related technical field
- Experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (or equivalent)
- Experience with SQL or other programming languages (Python, Java, and/or C++)
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
About the company
Facebook is an American online social media and social networking service company. Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.