Data Scientists at Microsoft help to improve the quality of experiences on our devices and services. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate Data Scientists to apply rigorous scientific methodology and algorithms to data in order to improve Microsoft’s devices, operating systems, and services. As a Data Scientist, you will provide unique insight into business and customer scenarios that cut across organizational boundaries and lead the growth of a data-driven culture within Microsoft.
- Help formulate approaches to solve problems using well-defined algorithms and data sources
- Incorporate an understanding of product functionality and customer perspective to provide context for those problems
- Use data exploration techniques to discover new questions or opportunities within your problem area and propose applicability and limitations of the data
- Engage with peer stakeholders to produce clear, compelling, actionable insights that influence product and service improvements that will impact millions of customers
- Engage in the peer review process and act on feedback while learning innovative methods, algorithms, and tools to increase the impact and applicability of your results
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining their BA/BS or Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Applied Sciences like Biostatistics, Physics, Chemistry, Computational Neurology and or other quant-focused field
- Some Engineering experience and or project course work using large data systems on SQL, Hadoop, etc.
- Proficiency using one or more programming or scripting language to work with data such as: Python, Perl, or C#.
- Some experience and or project course work performing data analysis and applying statistics working with tools such as: Excel, R, MATLAB, AMPL, or SAS.
- Some experience and or project course work with product and service telemetry systems.
- Some A/B Testing or experimentation (this can be from conducting real life science experiments, hypothesis testing in stats etc.) Not required but ideal.
- Some experience or course work applying basic ML to a type of data and or used algorithms to conduct experiments on data. Machine Learning strongly encouraged.
- Passion to learn from your peers, manager, and other stakeholders in the Data Science domain.
- Ability to interact with peers and stakeholders to drive product and business impact.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
About the company
U.S. Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.