- AWS Batch is building a parallel and distributed framework that allows our customers to plan, schedule, and execute batch computing workloads across the full range of AWS compute services and capabilities.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related STEM degree.
- Identify process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existent metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams.
- Design and develop automated reporting solutions to enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree program with a conferral date between December 2020 and August 2021
- Experience with either SQL or Python
- Preferred applicants are majoring in the following: Business, Computer, Data Engineering, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Science, Statistics, and Symbolic Systems. Ability to think and act strategically and tactically
- Basic to advanced knowledge of TABLEAU/Power Query, Intermediate (e.g., vlookup)/Advanced Excel skills (e.g., Write/edit VBA), and a Basic to advanced knowledge of SQL (all join types, group by, order by, calculated columns).
- Work closely with Associates and VP’s to build financial models and prepare presentation materials / other deliverables for investment banking clients
- Play a key role supporting origination, evaluating opportunities and executing deals, working on a broad scope of assignments and products across multiple sectors
- Serve as a key resource working closely with Associates, VP’s and RMs to create client deliverables and meet ad-hoc client requests
- Prepare client presentations and final work products
- Perform industry and company research to support business development and on an ad-hoc basis
- Assist in coordinating information flow and execution with product groups
- 1 year (Analyst) / 2-3 years (Associate) of Investment Banking experience at a top-tier firm
- Bachelors degree required
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Professional maturity and experience to interact with senior bankers
- Demonstrated strategic and creative thinking and distinguished communication skills
- Ability to manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Applying quantitative methods to develop capabilities that meet line of business, risk management and regulatory requirements
- Maintaining and continuously enhancing capabilities over time to respond to the changing nature of portfolios, economic conditions and emerging risks
- Understanding and executing activities that form the end-to-end model development and use life cycle
- Identifying requirements from the teams which improve the group’s ability to generate insights and understanding of portfolio risk, model accuracy, and forecast reason-ability
- Clearly documenting and effectively communicating quantitative methods as part of ongoing engagement with key stakeholders, including the lines of business, risk managers, model validation, technology
- Graduate degree in quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Finance,
- 2+ years of experience in model development, statistical work, data analytics or quantitative research, or PhD
- Strong Programming skills e.g. R, Python, SAS, SQL, R or other languages
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively communicate quantitative topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Effectively presents findings, data, and conclusions to influence senior leaders
- Ability to work in a large, complex organization, and influence various stakeholders and partners
- Strong team player able to seamlessly transition between contributing individually and collaborating on team projects
- Learn a client's historical financing trends
- Research past uses of debt or derivatives and provide an overview of client's debt position
- Participate with bankers and clients in meetings and conference calls to review current market conditions and formulate future capital programs
- Assist in the execution of transactions
- Present documentation and pricing to investors and rating agencies
- Assist in credit and internal approvals, policy compliance, client entertainment, and deal closing coordination
- Research market, credit, tax, regulatory, accounting, legal, policy, and issuer-specific issues relating to prior or future transactions
- You will earn a Bachelor's degree between December 2022 and June 2023 in any major, with a strong preference toward majors in mathematics, computer science, political science, economics, public policy or finance
- You have a GPA of 3.5 or above
- You have solid writing skills
- ou are proficient in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- You have strong communication skills
- You are an analytical thinker
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S permanent resident or possess other unrestricted U.S. work authorization and will not require sponsorship for U.S. work authorization now or anytime in the future
- All Summer Analysts participate in a week-long comprehensive training program during the first week of the Summer Program.
- The training program is taught by skilled external consultants along with selected professionals with industry and product expertise.
- Our program is designed to cover all fundamental aspects of the Sales & Trading Summer Analyst role.
- You currently maintain a GPA of 3.3 or above
- You currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (graduating in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023)
- You are creative in solving problems and are intellectually curious
- You are hard-working and diligent
- You are enthusiastic, quick-thinking and able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- You are confident and comfortable with clients and articulate in oral and written communication
- You are focused on achieving the group and client objectives
- You are detail-oriented
Citi - Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory (BCMA) - Investment Banking, Summer Analyst - New York (North America - 2022)
- Collect and analyze company information to assist transactions; including conducting industry research; revising; and organizing financial data
- Analyze financial data and develop financial models including company valuations; discounted cash flow analysis; financing; and comparative analyses
- Create and finalize new business development presentations
- Coordinate tasks with internal and external working teams
- Prepare required internal documentation e.g. control and compliance regulations
- You are graduating between December 2022 and June 2023 and have a preferred GPA of 3.5 or above
Citi - Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory (BCMA) - Investment Banking, Summer Analyst: Data Science Analyst, M&A Strategic Shareholder Advisory - New York (North America - 2022)
- Work together with more senior CIB officers and professionals, and participating in particular client transactions, live projects or assignments.
- Work directly with senior leaders in the M&A group and the Chief Data Scientist to generate novel and differentiated analytics, platforms and tools to improve our understanding of clients’ shareholders, and create efficiency and scale.
- Balance a broad set of deliverables ranging from direct client work to developing insightful and practical analytical models
- You are graduating between December 2022 and June 2023 and have a preferred GPA of 3.5 or above
- At a minimum, in process of attaining a Bachelor-level degree with concentrated coursework in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Econometrics and/or closely related areas.
- Ability to build scalable analytics using data science software (Python, R, SQL, etc.) and developing and implementing web APIs.
- Analyze large datasets, interpret revenue and/or ad pricing trends, and identify actionable insights and opportunities.
- Build, evaluate, monitor and refine revenue and/or ad pricing forecast models, with a focus on accuracy and explainability. Improve the team’s rigor in understanding and explaining deviations relative to the forecast.
- Provide deep analytic support and business context to identify and drive critical growth initiatives.
- Perform deep-dive analyses of revenue or ad pricing drivers, including supply and demand effects, ad delivery system dynamics, and industry-level drivers.
- Influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to the rest of the team and company leaders.
- Frequently switch between on-the-ground tactical execution and 30k foot strategy
- Present on business implications of analyses and forecasts in reviews with leaders across Facebook.
- Partner with Data Engineering to build, design and maintain core data infrastructure, pipelines and data workflows to automate dashboards and analyses, in order to increase efficiency of team’s work flows.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences)
- Experience with data querying and manipulation using SQL, Python, or R
- Experience with data analysis in a scripting language (R, Python, Matlab)
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- The Equity Capital Markets team originates, structures, and executes equity, convertible and equity derivative financings and solutions on behalf of Goldman Sachs’ global corporate client base (multinational corporations, private companies and financial sponsors).
- Bachelor’s degree completed
- At least 1 year of relevant banking experience
- A keen, long-term interest in investment banking and the financial markets. Specific experience in a capital markets role at a major banking firm is advantageous, but not a requirement.